Meghan Shop

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

‘CSI’ scoop: Marg Helgenberger talks about her contract, her TV boyfriend and William Petersen

CSI-Marg-HelgenbergerImage Credit: Sonja Flemming/CBSCSI stalwart Marg Helgenberger thinks its “kind of remarkable” that her procedural has held up so well after so many years. But even if it remains a global phenom (and one of CBS’ top performers), it’s hard for her to imagine working on the veteran show beyond this year. ”I’m only actually negotiated for this season. That’s all I’m really thinking about right now is just finishing up this season,” Helgenberger told EW at the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Presents: Primetime TV Crimefighters event on Monday in California. “So no, I don’t … not much longer. Not much longer.”

Helgenberger admits that working with Laurence Fishburne  (“the consummate professional”) has been fun, and that her co-star should have no concerns about CSI’s former leading man William Petersen coming back for an extended stay. ”If I were to put money on it, no. He would never come back on any kind of full-time way,” she said. “He might come back to do an episode or two towards the end of the entire run, but no. He was ready to go.”

The actress teased that pin-up model Dita Von Teese is doing an upcoming episode. “I’m assuming she’s playing a burlesque character,” the actress says of Von Teese, who is a friend of CSI co-star Eric Szmanda and is known for her ”woman in a giant martini glass” routine.

Helgenberger is particularly thrilled with her storyline this season. ”I’m getting the opportunity to play different colors this season because I have a boyfriend on the show, played by Alex Carter. He’s been great. I’ve enjoyed it because it hasn’t been like all cerebral stuff. It’s been passionate. It’s been vulnerable. It’s been emotional. It’s been taking me to places that I don’t get to do on the show. That’s kept it fresh. And I enjoy working with him.” – With reporting from Vlada Gelman


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment