Meghan Shop

Monday, November 29, 2010

No insta-classic holiday episodes this year. Sigh.

parenthoodImage Credit: Justin Lubin/NBCWere there any “classic” Thanksgiving episodes this year? I’m at a loss. My favorite turkey-centric episode this season was, by far, this week’s Parenthood, which was one of the show’s strongest episodes ever, and was the right combo of funny and sort of poignant and still vaguely realistic. But I’m having a hard time comparing it to any of the Friends Thankgivings, or “Slapsgiving,” or “The Indians in the Lobby.” Was there a Woody Woodpecker moment this year? I did not see one.

I’m a sucker for a good holiday episode (show me a drunk Sookie from Gilmore Girls any day of the week and twice on Tuesdays), so I was looking forward to some new ones to file in my holiday treasure vault of joy. How I Met Your Mother was fun I guess, but a far cry from being worthy of multiple re-watchings. Raising Hope, maybe? I adore that show, but “Meet the Grandparents” was a little on the sad side for me. Does it really hold its own against, say, WKRP Cincinnati‘s famous Thanksgiving episode? Alas, it does not.

Did you see any instant classics that I missed, PopWatchers?


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment