Meghan Shop

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

‘Modern Family’ scoop: Luke schools Gloria, and Manny turns 13!

Rico-Rodriguez-Nolan-GouldImage Credit: Bob D'Amico/ABCRico Rodriguez and Nolan Gould took some time out from attending the Megamind premiere in Hollywood last week to tease some upcoming episodes of ABC’s Modern Family. Look for Gould’s Luke Dunphy to school his step-grandma and Rodriguez’ Manny Delgado to become immature — fast. First up: Luke’s role as an accidental teacher. “Jay (Ed O’Neill) teaches Manny how to ride a bike and Gloria (Sofia Vergara) decides she wants to learn to but it goes horribly between her and Jay,” Rodriguez tells EW exclusively. “She needs a more motherly type of person so Luke is her guy!”

“Luke is going to teach Gloria how to ride a bike!” adds Gould. “It is pretty cool. Jay tried but it doesn’t work because he is a bad teacher and gets too frustrated. So she goes over to my house looking for my dad to teach her but he is busy and can’t do it. I happen to be at the house and my play date cancels so I convince Gloria to let me teach her. He teaches in a very strange way. He’s got a technique where he forces her to learn with a water gun. I also use it on my sister Haley (Sarah Hyland). I’m trying to teach her how to do her homework.”

In another episode, Rodriguez says his character celebrates his 13th birthday by “trying to shove my entire childhood into one day.” “Manny was born an old man so he realizes that he never really did the normal kid stuff so he tries to do everything he was supposed to do in a couple of hours,” Rodriguez tells EW. “For example…making a prank call. He has never done that before and he doesn’t do it well.” – With reporting from Carrie Bell



View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment