Meghan Shop

Monday, December 13, 2010

Here come the Christmas commercials: Bah, humbug

I’d like to take this time to tell my wife that she will not be receiving a Lexus or a diamond for Christmas. To be fair, I don’t suspect she was holding her breath about either gift. But since today represents the official beginning of the holiday shopping stampede, I know that we will all be assaulted by television commercials that seem cruelly crafted to shame those of us who haven’t parked their holiday gifts in the driveway or around their lovely’s neck. I put up with these two doozies every stinkin’ year:

Question: Do you think there actually are guys out there who are so enamored by Lexus’ ad that they not only splurge on the latest model, but they put that ridiculous ginormous ribbon on the roof of the car? And do their neighbors hate them as much as I do?

Just so you don’t think that I’m a total heartless scrooge, let me share the one television commercial that never fails to make my family room dusty.

Merry Christmas, sweetheart. Unwrap your two cans of Folgers. Again.

What holiday commercials get under your skin? Are there others you look forward to every year?


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment